By the decision of the Government of the Republic of Poland, as of 25th March 2020 to 11th April 2020, further restrictions in Poland related to the current epidemiological situation are in force.
- Constraints on all gatherings, meetings and events have been established. Events involving immediate family members or people living under one roof are the only exceptions.
- No more than 2 people can walk together on the street; it is recommended, though, to move without the company of other people (including a solitary short walk).
- Restrictions on leaving the house have been introduced with the exception of necessary situations such as to go to work, a grocery store, a pharmacy, a doctor, or walk a dog.
- The number of people attending a mass, a funeral or a wedding has been limited to 5 people. This limit does not include priests or e.g. people from funeral parlors.
- Restrictions on public transport have been introduced as well. The overall number of passengers permitted in the vehicle equals the number of seats divided by two( this means that every other seat can be occupied).
- If you fail to comply with the above restrictions, you may be fined up to PLN 5,000.
- The police will assess compliance with the new rules.
- The police have the right to ask to prove one’s identity on the street and ask the person moving to provide the reason why they left their place of residence.
Director of Administrative Center for Studies in English
Prof. Sebastian Kłosek, MD, DMD, PhD
Vice-Dean for Studies in EnglishFaculty of MedicineMedical University of Lodz